Beliefs Trinity Bible Fellowship Hold as Foundational
We do not tell God what we will believe; He tells us.
We cannot accept anything that contradicts His word.
That said, we believe the following represents Biblically mandated
truth and practices to be upheld.
The Holy Scriptures
- All Scripture is inspired by God (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
- No Scripture is by the interpretation of man (2 Peter 1:20-21)
- All Scripture centers about Jesus Christ, Old and New Testament (1 Corinthians 2:13; Luke 24:27, 44; Mark 12:29)
- The Godhead eternally exists in three persons: The Father, The Son, and the Holy Spirit. (1 John 5:7; John 17:3; John 1:12))
- Satan is the open enemy of God and Man. (1 Peter 5:8-9)
- Satan is the author of sin and instrumental in the fall of man. (Job 1:6-7)
- Satan shall be eternally punished in the Lake of Fire. (Isaiah 14:12-17)
- Creation and Fall:
- Man was created in the image and likeness of God, but in Adam's sin the race fell, inherited a sin nature, and consequent alienation from God, and came under the judicial sentence of death. (Genesis 1:26; Genesis 3:6-21; Romans 5:12)
- Salvation and Assurance:
- We believe in justification by faith, that man is a sinner, and that he can be justified before God only on the grounds of faith in the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ, and that this faith is manifested in works pleasing to God. (Ephesians 2:8-10; Romans 5:1; John 10:27-29)
- The Eternal State
- The souls of those who have trusted in the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation do, at death, immediately pass into His presence, and there remain in consciousness until the resurrection of the body at His coming, when soul and body, reunited, shall be associated with Him forever in glory. (John 5:28-29; 2 Corinthians 5:8; Philippians 1:23; Luke 16:19-26; Revelation 22:3-5; 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17)
- The souls of the unbelievers remain after death in conscious misery until the final judgment, when they shall stand before the Great White Throne Judgment for everlasting punishment. (John 5:28-29; Luke 16:19-26; Revelation 20:11, 15)
- The Church, which is the body and bride of Christ, is a spiritual organism composed of all born-again believers, and that it is the mission of the Church to preach the Gospel to all the world. (Romans 12:5; Matthew 16:16-18; 1 Corinthians 12:12-14; Colossians 3:14-15)
- We believe that this body of doctrine is a sacred trust to be preserved and taught in it's purity, and that it teaches a life to be lived and a gospel to be preached.
- Lord's Supper
- We believe that the Lord's Supper is the commemoration of His death until He comes and should be preceded always by solemn self-examination (1 Corinthians 11:23-30)
- We believe that Christian Baptism is the immersion of a believer in water to show forth publicly, a solemn and beautiful emblem of our faith in the crucified, buried, and risen Savior, with its effect in our death to sin and resurrection to new life. (Romans 6:3-6; Acts 8:36-38)